Visitor Requirements in the Vatican
Dos & Don’ts in the Vatican
- Wear an attire to cover your shoulders and knees.
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Carry some Euros as the Vatican does not accept credit cards if you want to make a purchase.
- Consider bringing a pair of binacolours and a bottle of water per person.
- Bring you cameras but remember to deactivate the flash in some rooms.
- Have a meal before the tour or a snack in your pocket, for it is a long tour.
- Do not carry pocket knives, wine openers or long umbrellas
- Do not carry large back packs. Photo attached of what is acceptable.
- Do not take photos or videos in the Sistine Chapel.
- Do not wear skirts-shorts above your knee.
- Do not bear shoulders in the st.peter’s basilica. At least cover with a scarf.
- Men should not wear hats inside the St.Peter’s Basillica