Florence is the birth place of Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci , the Italian Renaissance movement & the leaning tower of Pisa is the 7th wonder of the world. Travel across the beautiful countryside of Tuscany in luxury and comfort.
- Take a glance skyward as you start your day, chances are the Duomo or Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, the first of many churches in Florence, is in sight.
- You’ll also visit the Orsanmichele Church and Museum, home to stunning examples of guild statuary, and the Basilica of Santa Croce. Also known as the Temple of Italian Glories, the basilica is the burial place of Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, and Rossini.
- From his burial place to one of his greatest sculptures, head to the Accademia Gallery to see “David”, and the one of the oldest and most famous art museums in the world; the Uffizi.
- Take a drive through the famous Tuscan countryside and enjoy the rolling hills of vineyards and farmhouses.
- Finish your day in Pisa, at the infamous leaning tower. Make sure to have your camera at the ready-a picture of you propping up the tower is almost a right of passage for a first time visitor.
Tuscany in general, and Florence in particular, seem to manage to exist both in the heyday of the Renaissance and modern life simultaneously. While Florence and Pisa’s rich histories are never more than a step away we at Europe Odyssey take pride in a tour that strikes a balance and delivers the best of then and now.Book now